|EVENT CALENDARFEBRUARY 2020|
|All library programs are always FREE!+ Registration required to ensure enough supplies. Call 503.845.6401 to register.|
Did you know? You can check out a mobile hot-spot device or cultural passes from the Library? Ask us how!If we don’t have an item you want, you can request that we buy it for our library? Ask us how!
|2||3||4||5||6 Open ‘til 8pm!||7||8|
|Library Closed||Library Closed7:00 City Council Meeting||10:30 Storytime with the Chief11:00 Indoor Playtime1:30 Stories & STEAM (Ages 6-10)2:30-5:00 (Drop-in) Turing Tumble (Ages 8+)||3:30 Watercolor Basics (Ages 6-11)||3:30 Valentine Card Making (Teens & Adults) 3:00-7:00Virtual Reality Experience + 30 minute slots (Teens & Adults)||11-12:00 APPY Hour||Open 12-5|
|9||10||11||12||13 Open ‘til 8pm!|
|Library Closed||Library Closed||10:30 Toddler Storytime11:00 Indoor Playtime3:30 Stories & STEAM (Ages 6-10)||3:30 (Drop-in) Teen Arts & Crafts (Teens)|
5:00-7:45 Parent’s Night Out +(Ages 3-10)
|11-12:00 APPY Hour||Library Closed |
|16||17||18||19||20 Open ‘til 8pm!||21||22|
|Library Closed||Library Closed||10:30 Toddler Storytime11:00 Indoor Playtime3:30 Stories & STEAM (Ages 6-10)||3:30 Hands on Harps + (Ages 8+)||1:00 Adult Book Discussion6:30 Upright Gardening (Adults)||11-12:00 APPY Hour3:30 Friday Movie: Arctic Dogs (PG) (All Ages)||Open 12-5|
|23||24||25||26||27 Open ‘til 8pm!||28||29|
|Library Closed||Library Closed||10:30 Toddler Storytime11:00 Indoor Playtime3:30 Stories & STEAM (Ages 6-10)||3:30 LEGO Lab (All ages)|
6:30 Library Advisory Board (Public Welcome)
5:30-7:45 Leap Into Science: WIND! + (Grades 3-5)
|11-12:00 APPY Hour||Open 12-5|
- Tuesdays @ 10:30–Toddler Storytime (Families). Spend time reading, singing, and exploring new stories followed by Indoor Playtime for families with toddlers (11:00-12:00). Come play with toys and spend time with friends. All toys provided.
- Fridays, 11am-noon: APPY Hour (All ages). Need help with your device? Drop in for some technical assistance from our friendly library staff. Or call to make an appointment for a one-on-one session.
- Special Programs:
- Tuesday, February 4 @ 10:30—Storytime with the Chief (Families). Enjoy storytime with Mt. Angel’s Police Chief, Mark Daniel, followed by Indoor Playtime.
- Tuesday, February 4 @ 1:30—Stories & STEAM: Engineering 101 (Ages 6-10). Join us for a variety of engineering challenges, learn how computers work, test your brain, and have a snack!
- Tuesday, February 4 @ 2:30-5:00 pm (Drop-in)—Turing Tumble (ages 8+). Learn to build mechanical computers, powered by marbles, to solve a series of fun logic puzzles!
- Wednesday, February 5 @ 3:30—Watercolor Basics (Ages 6-11). Learn how to mix colors and create a simple scene with Diane Strutz. All supplies provided.
- Thursday, February 6 @ 3:30— Valentine Card Making (Teen & Adults). Create a beautiful Valentine using our gorgeous supply of rubber stamps. All supplies provided.
- Thursday, February 6 @ 3:00-7:00 pm—Virtual Reality Experience + (Teens & Adults). Book your slot now to experience one of a variety of virtual reality programs. Signed release must be on record. 30 minute slots available. Call 503.845.6401 to reserve your spot or for more information.
- Tuesday, February 11 @ 3:30—Stories and STEAM: Valentine’s Day (Ages 6-10). Make a gift for your valentine, participate in some Valentine’s Day themed activities, stories and snacks!
- Wednesday, February 12 @ 3:30 pm (Drop-in)—Teen Arts & Crafts (6th-12th grade). Make a Valentine’s Day gift or decoration!
- Thursday, February 13 @ 5:00-7:45 pm— Parent’s Night Out + (Ages 3-10). Parents may bring their kids to the library for a fun evening of pizza, games, activities, and a movie while their parents celebrate Valentine’s Day a little early. Pizza dinner provided. Registration required due to limited space. Call 503.845.6401 to register.
- Tuesday, February 18 @ 3:30—Stories and Steam: President’s Day (Ages 6-10). Learn more about past presidents with a story, activities, a craft, and a snack!
- Wednesday, February 19 @ 3:30 – Hands on Harps + (Ages 8+). Hosted by Lionharp, a favorite group at Oktoberfest, participants will learn how to play a beautiful Celtic harp, learning some well-known melodies and how to freely improvise their own music. Registration required due to limited space. Call 503.845.6401 to reserve your spot.
- Thursday, February 20 @ 1:00— Adult Book Discussion (Adults). Gather to discuss the bestselling memoir, Educated by Tara Westover. Copies available at the Circulation Desk.
- Thursday, February 20 @ 6:30— Upright Gardening (Adults). Join Master Gardener Tobie Habeck as she discusses the how to grow plants vertically to save space and cultivate beautiful gardens on walls that are works of art.
- Friday, February 21 @ 3:30 – Friday Movie: Arctic Dogs (PG) (All Ages). Watch the newly released, computer-animated comedy, Arctic Dogs on the big screen while enjoying hot popcorn!
- Tuesday, February 25 @ 3:30—Stories and Steam: Weather! (Ages 6-10). Learn about how weather works by creating a rainstorm and other weather related activities, a story, and a snack!
- Wednesday, February 26 @ 3:30-4:45 (Drop-in)—LEGO Lab (All ages). Build an original creation out of LEGOs for the library to put on display for all to see! All supplies provided.
- Wednesday, February 26 @ 6:30pm – Library Advisory Board Meeting (Open to public).
- Thursday, February 27 @ 5:30-7:45 pm —Leap Into Science: WIND! + (Grades 3-5). Book your spot to research the fundamentals of wind energy and wind turbine design! Using a kit, we will build a wind turbine complete with electric generator, adjustable rotors, and wind speed indicator, and then conduct a variety of experiments using the turbine. Each participant will receive the components and instructions to make their own wind generator to continue experimenting at home! Pizza dinner provided. Registration required due to limited space. Special thanks to the Franklin Institute for funding the grant. Call 503.845.6401 to register.